The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has helped service members, veterans and their families become homeowners with the VA loan program. If you have VA loan eligibility, you could get a government-backed mortgage loan with no down payment.
As part of the Department of Veterans Affairs mission to serve you, they provide a home loan guaranty benefits and other housing-related programs that can help you buy, build, repair a home for your own personal occupancy.
Before you begin, it is important to know what you will need to complete the application process for a VA loan. Lenders will require you to provide documentation used to verify your employment history, creditworthiness, and your overall financial situation.
Additional documentation required:
· A government issued photo ID
· Recent pay stubs
· Two years’ worth of W-2 statements
· Bank, investing and retirement statements
· For self-employment, 1099 or rental income, the last two years of federal tax returns.
· Copy of your DD-214
· For active military, a statement of service letter signed by your commanding officer.